Friday, September 12, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #9/10 - Rainbow/Gradient


Since I was unable to complete Day #9 Challenge on the 9th, I decided to combine its theme with the next day's theme for the 10th. This led to me doing a rainbow gradient across my nails. I chose colors that were more on the neon side of things to keep it nice and bright. I already got some gradient practice in the other day when I did the purple to silver gradient, so I was ready to go!

Here are the polishes/tools I used:

Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: E.L.F. - Flirty Fuschia
                GAP - Love Story
                O.P.I. - I Just Can't Cope-acabana
                Sinful Colors - Exotic Green
                Sinful Colors - Jolt
                O.P.I. - Do You Lilac It?
Tools: Triangular Makeup Sponge
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I planned on using two colors per nail, so I painted a coat of the lighter of the two colors over my base coat. Then, following the same sponging technique as Day #6, I used the makeup sponge to apply and blend the two colors, just left to right instead of top to bottom. I did the sponging twice per nail, allowing it to dry in between. 

I think it turned out pretty well! The green was a little too sheer, so the yellow to green nail is lacking a little green, but overall I am very happy with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment