Friday, September 12, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #11 - Polka Dots
















For the polka dot mani, I wanted to do something classy and simple that wouldn't detract too much from all the science I have to talk about tomorrow at the conference. For this simple mani, I only needed two colors and a selection of three different dotting tools.


















Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Happi
               Pixi - Classy Cocoa
Tools: Three dotting tools of decreasing size
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I put three coats of the Zoya in Happy over my base coat to make an opaque layer. This is a really nice pink duochrome that leans orange. It's really hard to capture the effect on camera, but it's a great color. I used the three dotting tools to make a row of dots decreasing in size down the center of my nail with the Pixi in Classy Cocoa. I picked this color up 70% off in the clearance bin at Target. What a great find! Topped it all off with a generous coat of Seche Vite, and was ready to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment