Sunday, January 11, 2015

Ipsy December 2014



This is a long overdue post about the Ipsy bag from December 2014. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that focuses on makeup with some skincare, hair care, and nail polish products. It's $10/month (+ $.75 for tax (?)) for a small makeup bag plus 5 samples that are influenced by a quiz you take. You can earn Ipsy points for reviewing products, posting things to your facebook, and inviting friends. These points can be redeemed for additional full-sized products.
Here are the products I received in this month's bag:


Beauty Without Cruelty 3% AHA Facial Cleanser
Value: ~$2.80
Rating: 2/5
Notes: has a lot of "natural" ingredients that could be irritating, AHA not very effective in cleanser form


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
Value: ~$10
Rating: 5/5
Notes: great all-around mascara, doesn't flake, good for daily use


Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish - Orchid
Value: $15
Rating: 4/5
Notes: pretty color, seems to have solid coverage, strange applicator


Value: $7.67
Rating: 3/5
Notes: seems like a useful product, but I never use heat to style my hair

(No Picture)

Nyx Butter Lip Balm - Marshmallow
Value: $4.00
Rating: 4/5
Notes: can never complain about Nyx products, but color is a little light

Overall, this bag had a pretty high value of around $40! I definitely will use 3/5 products, and I am sure I can find someone in my family who will use the other two. I would classify this as one of the better Ipsy bags I have gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment