Thursday, September 4, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #3 - Yellow


In honor of the Yellow theme of Day #3, I gathered all of my yellow nail polish together. My yellow nail polish collection had been pretty severely lacking until more recently when I grabbed the Orly, Butter London, and O.P.I. Still, my choices for yellow were pretty slim.
















Here are the yellow polished I own:
Butter London - Wellies
Orly - Live Wire
Klean Color - Funky Yellow
O.P.I - I Just Can't Cope-acabana
L'Oreal - Bananarama Love
E.L.F. - Sunflower

I chose to use the O.P.I. because I felt it was the only true yellow of the bunch. For my mani, I decided to go with a cloud mani since I didn't have too much time last night and I knew I could do it relatively quickly. These are the polishes and tools I used:





Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: O.P.I. - I Just Can't Cope-acabana
              Wet 'n' Wild - French White Creme
              Finger Paints - Golden Kisses
Tools: Large Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started with the usual base coat of Orly Bonder, then layered two thin coats of the O.P.I. I generally like O.P.I. polishes, but this one was kind of hard to work with and turned out a little streaky. Maybe it's just a yellow polish thing.

Next, I used the dotting tool to apply the Wet 'n' Wild in a "cloud shape". I decided to really showcase the yellow, so I made the cloud take up only about half the nail. Lately, this polish has gotten harder to work with as well, getting gooey really easily. I bet some polish thinner would save it since it used to be so smooth and easy to apply. I had to use a small nail art brush to help out with spreading the white a bit.

Finally, I used the dotting tool to apply the Finger Paints glitter in a smaller cloud shape. I really love this polish! It's opaque in one coat and the glitter is so dense. I am glad I was able to grab it on clearance at Sally Beauty Supply.

Here is the final product again!





Tune in tomorrow for Day #4 - Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment