Wednesday, October 8, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #28 - Inspired by a Flag



Better late than never! I will hopefully be finishing up the challenge in the next couple of days. I am impressed with myself that I didn't fall too far behind until the last week of the challenge.

Anyway, here are my nails that are inspired by a flag. This theme was kind of weird since I didn't really want to go with patriotic American flag nails, but I didn't really have a reason to pick another flag. So, I took my boyfriend's suggestion and painted the Taiwanese flag, since that is special to him.




Here are the supplies I used:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polishes: Nicole by O.P.I. - Challenge Red-y
               China Glaze - Frostbite
               NYC - French White Tip
Tools: Striping Tape
           Large Dotting Tool
           Small Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started with a coat of the red Nicole by O.P.I. polish. Then, I used striping tape to outline the blue portion, filling in with the blue China Glaze. Finally, I made a version of the white sun with a large dot for the center and small dots as the rays. I wish my nails were a little bit longer to properly capture the dimensions of the flag, but I think it still turned out alright. Here is another pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment