Monday, October 20, 2014

TJ Maxx Haul + Simple Triangle Nail Design + Pumpkin Patch


On Saturday night, I decided to stop by TJ Maxx since I always have good luck with nail polish deals there, and I decided to treat myself for my birthday! It also helps that my boyfriend is quite the enabler and will sift through all of the colors with me. I would consider this a pretty successful haul!

Here is what I got, from left to right in the picture:
Orly - Light
Orly - Crossroad
Orly - ?? (maybe Mind's Eye)
Orly - ?? (maybe Green Apple)
Orly FX - Plum Pixel
Orly FX - Aqua Pixel
China Glaze - V

I also picked up a Kat Von D Foiled Lipstick in Backstage Bambi, which is a metallic bright pink with some SERIOUS staying power. I got all of this for about $25! It was a good haul.

I decided to use two of the new colors to do my nail art on Saturday evening: Orly - Crossroad and China Glaze - V. I figured they would make a good fall themed mani. I did two coats of the gray Orly on my index, middle, and pinkie fingers. Then, I used striping tape to outline a small triangle on my nail. I filled in the triangle with the orange-y China Glaze color using a large dotting tool. I reversed this pattern on my thumb and ring fingers.

I wore this design to my visit to the pumpkin patch the next day, which was really fun! There were farm animals, cotton plants, pumpkins (of course), hay rides, and a corn maze. It was a beautiful fall day, and I took advantage of the bright sunshine to take a couple pictures of my nails, using a freshly picked piece of corn as a prop:



Here are a few more pictures from the pumpkin patch. Here is the entrance to the corn maze:


I got to feed some of the corn we found in the maze to the goats:


Here is a cotton plant, which I have never seen up close before:


Finally, the pumpkin patch itself:


Overall, these were just some highlights of a great birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment