Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween-Colored Patchwork Nails


It has been awhile! I have been busy with conference travel and writing a paper that is due on Friday, but I managed to sneak in a Halloween mani this week. I was inspired by a tutorial made by The Nailasaurus for "Patchwork Nail Art". I tried to pick Halloween-y colors, though they look more like Mardi Gras colors in these pictures! I don't know why, but I cannot get the pictures to look true to color, but I promise that the yellow is really a mango-ish orange and the green and purple are much deeper in person.

Here are the supplies I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polishes: Klean Color - Mango
               Klean Color - Neon Green
               Klean Color - Neon Purple
               Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
Tools: Striping Brush
           Small Nail Art Brush
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started out by painting one of the three colors as a base randomly on each nail. Then, I applied a thin layer of top coat to enhance drying and free-handed a shape with one of the other two colors. I repeated this process for the third color. Once everything was dry, I used the striping brush to apply the black Sally Hansen polish to the "seams" of the patches, and the small nail art brush to make the stitches. I like how they came out, I just wish you could see the true colors! I have added a few more pictures so you can see both hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment