Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Pumpkin Carving


I finally got around to carving the pumpkin I picked out on my birthday! I had some friends over and we ate some delicious fall-themed snacks: crepes with apple butter, pumpkin pie, and cupcakes with apple pie filling inside! I also got some Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple Hard Cider to try out, and it was really delicious! I highly recommend it if you are a casual drinker of ciders. I also got a pumpkin carving kit at Kroger that had carving tools as well as sample designs that you could transfer to your pumpkin to guide your carving.
We soon discovered that the sample designs were much too big for our pumpkins, so some abandoned the designs entirely, while others (including myself) chose to hand draw the design while referencing the sample. One of my friends chose to forgo the messiness that is pumpkin carving entirely and painted cute polka dots on her tiny pumpkin.

Here are the pumpkins with the lights out! They look really great! Mine is the farthest on the left in the first image and the second from the left in the second image. I am looking forward to putting it out on Halloween night!





No comments:

Post a Comment