Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Swatch: Deborah Lippmann - Good Girl Gone Bad


I'm taking a short break from intricate nail art, but I wanted to have some nice nails for a small conference yesterday, so I decided to try out one of my new nail polishes on it's own. I got this full-sized Deborah Lippmann in the color Good Girl Gone Bad in the Sephora Favorites Glitz and Glam Sampler.The Sephora Favorites samplers can be a good way to try out some popular high-end products without completely breaking the bank.


Deborah Lippmann polishes are known for their awesome glitter (though they do have non-glitter polishes) and high quality formula, and this is no exception. Good Girl Gone Bad is a dark burgundy with subtle glitter than glints reddish in the light. It took two coats to get it opaque, but it dried really quickly and was very easy to apply smoothly. I wore it for a full day without a top coat without so much as a minor chip.



Then, I applied a coat of Seche Vite to bring out the shine of the polish. I had a lot of trouble capturing the glitter on camera, but here are a couple of attempts.



Overall, I think this is a great color, especially for fall and winter, to wear on its own or as an accent nail. The quality is great and it's easy to apply. Deborah Lippmann polishes are a little expensive at $20 each at Sephora, so I personally wouldn't buy them at full price, but they often come in Sephora samplers and there are some sets on Amazon that bring down the individual prices of the polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment