Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #25 - Inspired by Fashion


I am not someone who pays attention all that much to fashion, so to get inspiration, I browsed one of my Us Weekly magazines that I somehow get delivered every week for free (no idea how, I never asked for it!). There, I found out that one of the new fashion trend is "perforated leather".



Well, I guess I am unintentionally on trend, since I just found these shoes on clearance at DSW. I guess they didn't know that perforated leather is a thing!


So, I decided to make my manicure reflect the perforated leather fashion. I chose to emulate Selena Gomez's dress color scheme and use stamping to make a nice pattern.

Supplies:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polishes: Sinful Colors - Amethyst
               Revlon - Sheer Cotton
Tools: Pueen Stamping Plate
           Konad Stamping Kit
Top Coat: Seche Vite
                 NYC - Matte Me Crazy

I started with two coats of the purple Sinful Colors. Then, I stamped using the Revlon in Sheer Cotton, which was supposed to be kind of a skin tone color but ended up being a little too sheer (which I should have expected based on the name!). I sealed it in with some Seche Vite and made it matte and "leathery" with the NYC matte top coat.

Here is another picture for good measure:




No comments:

Post a Comment