Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #26 - Inspired by a Pattern


For the "Inspired by a Pattern" theme, I chose to be inspired by a maxi dress I have, one of the few that isn't too long for me. I think it's really unique because the front of the dress has a stripe pattern that is kind of braided, while the back of the dress has all horizontal stripes.


Here are the supplies for this mani:

Base Coat: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nylon + Retinol Strengthener
Polishes: Orly - Snowcone
               NYC - French White Tip
Tools: Striping Tape
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started with two thin coats of the white NYC polish and waited it to fully dry. Then, I used the striping tape to outline the pattern (so many pieces of tape!). Working nail by nail, I did a coat of the blue Orly and pulled off the tape before the nail polish dried. Then, I topped it off with some Seche Vite to smooth out the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment