Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #27 - Inspired by Artwork


For this theme, I based my nail art on the artwork of Leonid Afremov. I do not know much about art at all, but his oil paintings have always visually appealed to me because of how there are so many swatches of different colors that come together to make a scene. I based my nail art specifically on his painting "Farewell to Anger".



Here are my supplies:

Base Coat: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nylon + Retinol Strengthener
Polishes: NYC - French White Tip
               Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
               Covergirl Glosstini - Sangria
               Nicole by O.P.I. - Challenge Red-y
               Sinful Colors - Big Daddy
               Revlon - Tangerine
               E.L.F. - Sunflower
               Sinful Colors - Exotic Green
               Orly - Snowcone
               China Glaze - Frostbite
               Color Club - Peace Out Purple
Tools: Small Nail Art Brush
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started with a coat of the light orange Revlon color as a background color. Then, I tried using the dry brush technique, where you get as much polish off the brush as possible before using it to apply small swatches of polish. I tried to follow the same general color scheme as the the painting, with greens, blues, and some purple on the top, and reds, oranges, and yellows on the bottom. Then, I drew in the lines for the walkway and made the lamp-posts with the small nail art brush. I am pretty happy with the outcome, though I think I could have used more color variation to really capture the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment