Friday, October 17, 2014

Deep Blue and Silver Half-moons

 

I am back in nail art business! My nails are looking pretty healthy and I am excited to get back into making designs. This weekend is Duke Homecoming and also my birthday, so I wanted to do some fun things, starting with going to the Homecoming reception and dance tonight. I picked out a dress to wear that I got a few years ago at Express. It's mostly dark blue with black on one shoulder, so I did my nails in blue to match with a silver sparkly half-moon to accent the color. I love dressing up and being fancy, so I am very excited!
Here is what I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polishes: Sinful Colors - Cold Leather
               Maybelline Color Show - Pedal to the Metal
Tools: Large Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Seche Vite


Here are my bare nails, which look really weird to me with the new square shape that I am trying. I do think the shape complements my nail bed shape and makes my nails look longer even though I keep them quite short.


I did two coats of the Sinful Colors blue color. The leathery texture of the polish is really nice, but I definitely wanted shiny for my fancy event. Then, I used a large dotting tool dipped in the silver Color Show polish to make the half-moons. I didn't mean to make the half-moons quite so big, but the silver polish kind of flowed outward a bit. I topped off with a heavy coat of Seche Vite. They aren't the most precise designs I have made, but as long as I don't scrutinize them, the shine and sparkle along with the pretty color combination make up for the lack of precision. Here are a couple more pictures. =]



No comments:

Post a Comment