Monday, September 22, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #21 - Inspired by a Color


The theme for Day #21 was "Inspired by a Color", which I took to mean to take inspiration from a nail polish color. Since we never had a theme for pink, I decided to take inspiration from the name of a pink glitter polish I have: LA Colors - Sparkling Jellyfish. I really like the polish as it is, but I thought I would try to make my own version of a sparkling jellyfish.


Here is what I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: L'Oreal - Bubble Trouble
               Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Pearly Whites
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I decided to use a "jelly sandwich" technique, which involves layering a jelly (translucent) polish with glitter. I started with two coats of the L'Oreal pink jelly. Then, I added a layer of the Sally Hansen glitter, which is a really pretty opalescent flake glitter. I did one more layer each of the pink and the glitter and topped off with Seche Vite.

I think the jelly finish of the polish along with the iridescent glitter really captured what I visualize when I think of "Sparkling Jellyfish". I hope you like it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment