Wednesday, September 24, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #22 - Inspired by a Song



These "inspired by" challenges are really going to test my creativity and also encourage me to practice some more detailed designs, which I am excited about! The theme for Day #22 is "Inspired by a Song". The song I chose to take as my inspiration is called "Folding Chair" by Regina Spektor.




To me, this song is about just taking a break from all the seriousness of thinking about the future and just enjoying what you have and being a little silly. The first (and last) verse in particular is what I aimed to portray:
"Come and open up your folding chair next to me.
My feet are buried in the sand and there's a breeze.
There's a shadow, you can't see my eyes,
And the sea is just a wetter version of the skies."

This just seems like a nice pleasant scene that I wanted to capture.

Here are the supplies:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Finger Paints - Golden Kisses
               Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Ice Tint
               LA Splash - Ocean Sprinkles
               Orly - Snowcone
               Orly - Passion Fruit
               Sinful Colors - Big Daddy
Tools - Small Square Brush
Top Coat - Seche Vite

I used the Finger Paints gold glitter to create the sand, many coats of the Sally Hansen blue jelly to make the sky, and three coats of the LA Splash blue glitter for the ocean. I used a thin line of the Orly - Snowcone to make the boundary between the sky and sea. Finally, I made two folding chairs, one with the pink Orly and one with the orange Sinful Colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment