Sunday, September 21, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #19 - Galaxies


Galaxy nails are a very popular nail art design, but I never tried it out until now. To be honest, I always thought they looked really difficult, but they actually aren't all that bad. The technique is very forgiving and it's nearly impossible to make an irreversible mistake. I've never seen a bad galaxy nail design!



Here are the supplies!
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear - Black Out
               Sephora by O.P.I. - Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild
               Wet 'n' Wild - Bijou Blue
               Zoya - Neely
               N.Y.C. - French White Tip
Tools: Triangular Makeup Sponge
           Small Dotting Tool

I started out with a base of the Sally Hanson black polish and then applied a thin layer of the Sephora by O.P.I. purple glitter, avoiding the chunky glitter pieces. Then, I cut up a makeup sponge into small pieces. I used a piece to sponge some of the Wet 'n' Wild blue polish in small areas of each nail. I repeated the process with the Zoya light green color. To cover up some weird edges and make the colors pop a bit more, I went back in with the black polish. I finished it up with some small dots as stars. I'm really happy with how these turned out!



No comments:

Post a Comment