Friday, September 5, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #4 - Green
















For the "Green" theme of Day #4, I chose a very simple and classic design - the ruffian. I have actually never done this before, but I have always admired how classy it looks. To start off, I gathered all of my green nail polishes - significantly more than any color thus far! They didn't even fit on one shelf



















The polishes listed in order from left to right, top to bottom:
Zoya - Neely
E.L.F. - Mint Cream
Sinful Colors - Mint Apple
L'Oreal - Creme de Mint
Pixi - Lime Lustre
Sally Hanson - Green Gold Frost
LA Splash - Golden Seahorse
Sally Hanson - Hot Wasabi
Sinful Colors - Exotic Green
Klean Color - Neon Green
Sally Hanson - Sea Through
Wet 'n' Wild - Caribbean Frost
Nails Inc Magnetic - Whitehall
Zoya - Envy
Deborah Lippmann - Mermaid's Dream
Butter London - Dosh
Butter London - Jack the Lad

For my manicure, I wanted to go with something appropriate for transitioning to fall and I wanted to incorporate a metallic color. So, I chose the Zoya - Envy and paired it with a gold polish. Here is everything I used:
















Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Maybelline Color Show - Bold Gold
              Zoya - Envy
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started with a coat of the Color Show gold polish. It claims to be holographic, but it looks like a pretty flat metallic gold color to me. Then, I topped with a coat of the Zoya green, being careful to leave a rounded shape at the base of my nail, exposing the gold. Finally, I topped with Seche Vite. This was a relatively quick and painless manicure and didn't require much clean up. Here is the final product again with front and side views.

















I really liked the look of this mani on my longer nail beds (third finger and pinkie), but I felt that it made my nails with shorter nail beds look a little stubby (index finger and thumb). Maybe if I ever get the chance to grow out my nails I will revisit this look!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment