Saturday, September 13, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #12 - Stripes



The theme for Day #12 was stripes. I decided to do a very simple horizontal stripe pattern and play with the finish of the polish. Here is what I used:


Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Ciate - Paper Doll
                Ciate - Sweet Pea
Tools: Striping tape

The Ciate polishes are from the Dolls House Collection, which I found on sale at TJ Maxx a couple of months ago. These polishes are quick drying with a porcelain finish. I used two coats of Paper Doll on my thumb and ring finger and two coats of Sweet Pea on the other nails. Then, I used striping tape to make the horizontal stripes over the Paper Doll and covered with a thick coat of Sweet Pea. I didn't use a top coat because I wanted to keep the nice finish of the polish itself.
















Pretty nice and simple! It turned out great for a quick mani.

No comments:

Post a Comment