Monday, September 8, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #7 - Black and White
















For the black and white theme, I wanted to try out the "sugar spun" technique that seems to be popular lately. I figured it would be ideal for my white nail polish since the technique relies on the polish being kind of gooey and stringy, and as I mentioned in my Day #2 post, my white polish has been acting like that lately. Here are my polishes:

















Base coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear - Black Out
               Wet 'n' Wild - French White Creme
Tools: Large dotting tool (not pictured)
Top Coat: NYC Matte Me Crazy

I started with the base coat and two coats of the Sally Hanson black to have an opaque surface. To complete this mani, I made some pools of white nail polish on a paper plate and let them start drying out. They drier the polish gets, the stringier and tackier it gets. After a minute or so, I used the dotting tool to kind of swirl around in the polish and draw out strings across my nails. It worked really well for the first few nails and I think I just got impatient with the later ones. I topped it off with the NYC matte topcoat.

Unfortunately, I didn't wait long enough for the lower layers to set and I ended up smudging my ring finger. Fortunately, I captured the mani before the smudge on my instagram even though the picture quality isn't that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment