Saturday, September 20, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #17/18 - Glitter/Half Moons
















Once again, I am making up for a missed day by combining two themes together: "Glitter" and "Half Moons". I am definitely a fan of including glitter in many manis (who isn't??) so to make this extra special, I decided to do some hand placed glitter.



Here is what I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Dot
Tools: Small Blue Hexagonal Glitter from Shany Cosmetics Kit
           Toothpick
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I started with one coat of the Zoya on top of the base coat. Then, working one nail at a time, I put on a second coat of the Zoya and used the toothpick to place the pieces of glitter to cover a half moon shape starting at the base of the nail. For once, I appreciated my square-ish nail beds that allowed me to start with a straight line.

I am pretty happy with the final result, and I felt very glamorous all day!



No comments:

Post a Comment