Monday, September 15, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day #14 - Flowers



Flowers are definitely one of my favorite nail designs to do. There are so many ways to make flowers and so many color combinations, and they always look great! I have practiced this particular design before but I have never done it on my own nails. I was inspired by a post I saw on /r/RedditLaqueristas, but I only saved the imgur link and not the original post. If you recognize the design as your own, please feel free to claim it and I will give credit!


This is what I used for this floral design:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sinful Colors - Cold Leather
               N.Y.C. - French White Tip
               E.L.F. - Sunflower
Tools: Large Dotting Tool
           Medium Dotting Tool

I started with 2 coats of the Sinful Colors. I love this polish, especially the finish! It looks so smooth and polished! I decided not to use any top coat because I didn't want to mess up the finish at all. Next, I used my large dotting tool with the N.Y.C. white polish to make 5 dots on each nail in the shape of a flower. After that dried, I used the medium dotting tool with the Sinful Colors to make an overlapping dot with each white dot to get that crescent shaped flower petal. I finished it off with a medium dot of the E.L.F. yellow polish in the center of each flower.

I really love everything about this design - the colors, the flower pattern, the finish. It's one of my favorites so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment