Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Winter 2014-2015


This review is for the Winter 2014-2015 Beauty Box from Walmart. It is a quarterly box that you receive once every season and it costs $5 per box. This is only the second box, but so far it seems like each box contains a mix of "deluxe-sized" makeup, skin care, and hair care samples along with a couple "foil packet" style samples. There were a lot of variations that I saw this season that seemed highly dependent on when you received the box. I got mine in late December for reference.
Here are the products I received in this box!


L'Oreal OleoTherapy Oil Infused Shampoo and Conditioner
Value: $1.64 + $1.64
Rating: 4.5/5
Notes: I really like that this is a sulfate and silicone free system. The shampoo is not too harsh or drying and actually worked for me, which is pretty rare for a shampoo. The conditioner was non-greasy but was not as moisturizing as I prefer for my very dry hair. Overall, I am very impressed!



Value: $5.50
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This lipstick has pretty positive reviews from what I can see in terms of pigmentation, application, and longevity. The color is not one that I would choose for myself, but it will diversify my collection.


Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream
Value: $1.60
Rating: 4/5
Notes: I really like the smell of the cream, it's very fresh and not overpowering. I have never really thought about the need to even out and correct my body skin, but I bet the effect would be nice for an outfit that shows some skin.


Olay Fresh Effects Deluxe Make-up Removal Wet Cloths
Value: $1.40
Rating: 4/5
Notes: Make-up removal wipes are always useful to have in case of emergency. I have heard that these are very effective in removing tough eye makeup, so I look forward to using them.


Value: N/A + $1.00 off coupon
Notes: I am looking for an everyday body lotion, so this will be good to try out.


Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
Value: N/A + $1.00 off coupon (expired 12/31/14)
Notes: It sucks that the coupon expired only a few days after I actually received the box, especially since I was away from home during that time. I probably won't give this a try for awhile while I am figuring out my skin care situation anyway.

Overall, I am really pleased with my Walmart Beauty Box. The value definitely outweighs the cost, and I will actually use all of the products, which is rare for even the more established beauty boxes. I know some of the other Winter Walmart Boxes were not as good, so I do feel lucky that I got one that suits my needs. For $5 every 3 months, you can't really beat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment