Thursday, January 22, 2015

Black to Gold Gradient Nails


I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to write about my most recent nail art yet. I wanted to do a gradient with some more challenging colors than I have done previously. So, I chose to do a black to gold gradient. I have been wearing this since Sunday and it still looks pretty good with just a little bit of wear at the tips!


Here is what I used to make this nail art:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
               Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Go for Gold
               H&M - Gold
Supplies: Triangle Makeup Sponge
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

I did two coats of the black Sally Hansen polish as a base. Once that was completely dry, I set up the gradient. I painted directly onto the makeup sponge, being generous with the polish, a stripe of the black Sally Hansen polish, then a stripe of the gold Sally Hansen polish (more of a bronze-y gold), and finally a strip of the gold H&M polish (a yellower gold). Working one nail at a time, I rolled the sponge over the nail, shifting & rolling again twice more to blur the transitions. Then, I topped it off with some Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat.

Gradients are definitely coming to me easier these days. I hope to make a video or picture tutorial soon to share my knowledge. It's a relatively easy way to make beautiful nails!




No comments:

Post a Comment