Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pink Stripes and Heart Nails


My first nail art of the new year! I decided to forgo the winter themes and go with something a little bit on the cuter side. I guess this could even be a Valentine's Day mani! I really like this bright pink color that I picked up the other day and I thought that the gunmetal color would really complement it.
Here are the supplies used to create this manicure.
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
                Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Presto Pink
                Essie - Impressionista
Tools: Striping Brush
           Small Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

I started everything with a white base coat to make the colors really pop. The pink Sally Hansen polish applied very smoothly and was opaque with only a single coat. It also has held up well to chipping over a few days so far. I put it on my thumb, index finger, and pinkie. On my middle finger, I used a striping brush to draw horizontal stripes of the pink polish on the white base. For my ring finger, I applied two coats of the gunmetal Essie color. Then, I used the small dotting tool to draw a little heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment