Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ipsy January 2015


This is a review for the Ipsy bag from January 2015. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that focuses on makeup with some skincare, hair care, and nail polish products. It's $10/month (+ $.75 for tax (?)) for a small makeup bag plus 5 samples that are influenced by a quiz you take. You can earn Ipsy points for reviewing products, posting things to your facebook, and inviting friends. These points can be redeemed for additional full-sized products.
Here are the products I received in this months beauty bag.


Value: $6
Rating: 5/5
Notes: I have never heard of this brand before, but it seems to be of decent quality. It goes on opaque with two coats, but I haven't had the chance to test its wear on my nails yet.


Value: $12
Rating: 3/5
Notes: It's nice that this is a full-sized product! It doesn't seem to be anything special in terms of ingredients, but it smells pretty nice.


Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner
Value: $2.95
Rating: 2/5
Notes: This is a simple black liquid eyeliner and it seems to be of decent quality. The swatch on my arm (see below) lasted almost 24 hours despite washing with soap and water. However, I am not an eyeliner person, and I have actually already given away this exact product that I got with a Coastal Scents order one time. It's just not for me!


Value: $5 (can't find on website, but selling on Ebay)
Rating: 2/5
Notes: This is a very sheer shimmery eyeshadow (swatch on arm below). It takes a lot to build up the color and it doesn't seem to be that great of quality. I could probably use this as a highlight shadow, but it doesn't seem promising.


Value: $9.99
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This is a very soft eyeshadow brush. It seems to pick up product well enough, and I used it to swatch the Pacifica eyeshadow. This will definitely make it into my daily makeup routine. 

Here are the eyeshadow and liquid liner swatches:


Overall, this bag was pretty nice. They were all full-sized products, which is rare for a beauty bag! However, I feel that my makeup collection is at the point where I am no longer gaining much from my Ipsy subscription. It is just giving me clutter at this point. Thus, I have cancelled my Ipsy subscription, at least for now. I would recommend it for people who are just building their collection or want to branch out a little bit but don't know exactly how.

No comments:

Post a Comment