Sunday, February 8, 2015

Classic Red Nails with Heart Accents


It has been so long since I have had the time to sit down and do my nails! I decided that I at least wanted to do something simple for the graduate student Winter Formal that my boyfriend and I attended last weekend, so this is what I came up with! I wore a black dress, and I wanted to accent with some red.


Here are the products I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: L'Oreal - Caught Red-Handed
Tools: Heart Rhinestones from Shady 3D Nail Art Decoration Kit
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

I did three coats of the red L'Oreal nail polish, which I received as a Christmas gift from my parents. I asked for a true red color, and it was a great choice! It's a little bit sheer, which I why I went with three coats, but two probably would have been sufficient.

I then used the tweezers that came in the Shany Kit to place a heart rhinestone on my ring fingers and thumbs while the final coat of the red was still wet. I went over the whole thing with the top coat to seal it.

The polish started chipping within a couple days, but I was being very rough on my hands with washing dishes and doing a lot of cooking. The rhinestones actually held on for four days, which really impressed me. It was great to have some nicely manicured nails for a few days in all of this busy-ness.

Here is a bonus picture of me and my boyfriend all dressed up at the Winter Formal!



No comments:

Post a Comment