Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rainbow Burst Nails


As a reward to myself for getting through another crazy week, I took some time to do a more complicated nail art design. I am so glad I did, because it turned out super well, and I can't stop staring at my nails! I was inspired by a tutorial I found while browsing the internet, and I knew I had to try it out myself.
The materials I used were:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor Base Coat
Polishes: Wet n Wild - French White Creme
                Pixi - Red Shimmer
                Revlon - Tangerine
                Pixi - Sizzling Sunshine
                Shany Cosmetics Famous Colors Nail Art Set - 01
                Wet n Wild - Bijou Blue
                Zoya - Juno
Tools: Small Striping Brush
Top Coat: Zoya Armour Top Coat

I followed the tutorial pretty much exactly, so there isn't much to explain. I think the white base was really key for making the colors pop. I really like the rainbow colors because it's really colorful and looks like tie-dye, but I think this design would look really neat with choosing 3-4 colors of the same family like jewel-toned metallics or pastels.

I also have to say that I am not impressed with the Zoya base & top coat system now that I have used it a few times. The base coat doesn't protect well from staining and the top coat takes quite a while to dry. My manicure also started chipping within a day. Zoya polishes are amazing, but their base & top coat do not meet the same standards, in my opinion.

Anyway, here are a couple more pictures of the design, including an extreme close-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment