Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Metallic Color Block


I haven't had time to do anything fancy lately, so I went with something low-key for my most recent manicure. I like the look of half-moon manicures, but I haven't had success in finding a technique to make the edges really sharp, so instead I went with a color blocking with a similar effect.
Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Essie - Impressionista
               H&M - Silver
Tools: Striping Tape
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri
                 NYC Matte Me Crazy


This was a pretty simple manicure. I started out with two coats of the green metallic Essie polish. Once it was completely dry, I used striping tape to block out the lower part of my nail and filled it in with the silver H&M polish. I did one coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri to seal everything in and make it fully dry, and then I used the NYC matte top coat because I really like matte metallic colors.

Here are a couple more pictures of the complete manicure:



No comments:

Post a Comment