Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Zoya Bar Swatch


I have definitely been neglecting my blog lately, but with good reason! I am thiiiis close to finishing up a paper for submission, and once it's done, I will celebrate will all the nail art! ...and then get back to finishing up a paper on a totally different project. So, I just went with a simple swatch to save time. I have a bunch of new Zoya polishes that I got around the holidays with all the deals, so I decided to try one of them out - a Pixie Dust nail polish (which are apparently being discontinued??).

Note: Please excuse my dead-looking hands! It's winter and I am cold!!

Here is what I used for this swatch:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Charlotte
               Zoya - Bar


Easy enough! I put down a coat of the nude Zoya color first just to hide any gaps in the glitter, though I don't think that would have been a problem! Zoya Charlotte could be my perfect nude if my hands weren't so much redder than the rest of my body, which is much more yellow-toned.

I did two coats of Zoya Bar. I could have gotten away with one, but I really wanted my nails to look like they were jewel-encrusted, so I went with one more. This really is a gorgeous polish - both in color and effect! It's a gold-ish nude color that looks very elegant and the glitter reflects in all different colors. It's not flashy enough to catch the eye from afar, but once you start looking, it's hard not to admire.

I did not use a top coat, in order to preserve the signature Pixie Dust texture, and it has held up pretty well for the last four days. The only chip I have is at the tip of my index finger and that came about when I was rock climbing, so it's not surprising. I am not really looking forward to trying to get this off though...

Here are a couple more pictures in which I tried to capture the sparkle.




No comments:

Post a Comment