Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Blue-Green Flakie Nails


So, I was attempting to do a St. Patrick's Day themed manicure to be festive, but that was apparently not in the cards. I tried out a new flakie glitter polish that I picked up the other day which looks very convincingly green in the bottle, but is not so much on the nails. Maybe with a different base color it would turn out more green.
Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Envy
               Sinful Colors - Green Ocean
Top Coat - Sally Hansen Insta Dri


I started with two coats of the dark green Zoya polish. I really love this color on its own; it's a deep forest green that is perfectly opaque in two coats.

The Sinful Colors glitter goes on perfectly with just a single coat. It's packed with glitter and isn't thick like a lot of glitter polishes. The base of the polish isn't quite clear, it's more of a light green, so it definitely affected the color below, making it look almost black rather than dark green. The flakes themselves are in the blue-green spectrum and have a really nice shift from a kelly green to a royal blue, hitting everything in between. It was quite difficult to capture on camera. I am really excited to try this polish over other colors because I think the result will be strikingly different with each one. For only $2 at Target, I would classify this as a must-have polish!

Here are a couple more pictures of the failed St. Patrick's Day mani:



No comments:

Post a Comment