Friday, March 13, 2015

Birchbox March 2015


This review is for the Birchbox from March 2015. Birchbox is a very popular subscription box. It is $10/month for 4-5 beauty and lifestyle samples, which are personalized based on a quiz you take. It also has a great rewards points system. It is the only monthly subscription box that I still have, because I have found it to be especially worth it for the samples and the additional full-sized products I can get with my reward points.


Here is the card with all the products and descriptions, so I will talk about them in that order.


Value: ~$1.75
Rating: 3/5
Notes: I am not really a fan of hair care products, so I'm not super excited about this sample. However, it has really good reviews and smells amazing, so I might have to give it a try.



Value: $19.95
Rating: 5/5
Notes: A full-sized lip product! This reminds me a lot of the Nyx Matte Lip Creams, though it smells even better (almost like raspberries) and stains really well. I can't wait to break this out! 


Value: $6.50
Rating: 5/5
Notes: I am a big fan of Paula's Choice, and I have the 2% BHA Gel, which I am hoping to incorporate into my skin care routine soon. This will be great for travel!



Value: $2.04
Rating: 4/5
Notes: I have heard a lot of good things about Supergoop products, and this one does look promising. I like that it uses physical sunscreen and has broad-spectrum protection while also being color-correcting. Unfortunately, the sample size is so tiny that I will have trouble deciding whether the product works for me.


Value: $2.00
Rating: 4/5
Notes: These look like pretty gentle facial wipes, and I have had luck with Yes to products in the past. I think these will also be great for travel, and it is a generously sized pack. 


I am very pleased with my Birchbox this month. The value is great ($32.24), and I will definitely use 4 of the 5 items and possibly the 5th. I am also happy to have some supplies for travelling since I will definitely have a need for that coming up! After I review these items, I will have about $50 worth of rewards points stocked up, so I will have to do some shopping. I am glad I stuck with my Birchbox subscription!

No comments:

Post a Comment