Saturday, March 7, 2015

Wine, Gold, and White Cloud Manicure


I actually did this mani a few days ago, but haven't felt up to posting it because I came down with a stomach bug shortly after. Just my luck lately! Anyway, I like cloud manicures because they are pretty easy to do and they always look great. I couldn't find my nail art brushes anywhere, so these were actually done with just the regular brushes that came with the polishes. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Revlon Parfumerie - Bordeaux
               Butter London - Marbs
               Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri


I made a little picture tutorial to explain how I did this mani. It's pretty simple and definitely doable as a beginner lacquerista!


1. Start with a bare nail and apply one coat of your preferred base coat polish.
2. Add two coats of your base color, or however many coats gives you the desired opacity.
3. Preferably using a small nail art brush (though using the brush that comes with your polish is fine - that's what I did here), apply your middle color in a cloud shape, going all the way up to the tip of your nail. I like to take up less than half of my nail space.
4. Repeat with your top color, leaving a small strip of the middle color showing through.
5. Apply a generous coat of your preferred top coat.
6. Clean up any extra polish around the edges using a small brush dipped in pure acetone or by peeling it off in a hot shower.

I liked the scent of the Revlon Parfumerie polish, it was like a sweet wine. I could smell it even after applying the top coat, though it went away within 24 hours or so. I also just picked up the gold Butter London polish at TJ Maxx. You can never have too many gold nail polishes!!

Here are a couple more pictures of the completed manicure:



No comments:

Post a Comment