Sunday, March 15, 2015

Free-hand Zig-Zags


I am not sure what inspired this nail art, it pretty much just came to me. I'm glad it did because I love how it turned out! I have been stuck on dark colors and metallics lately, but spring is coming and so are the bright colors.
Here is what I used for this design:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Covergirl Outlast Glosstinis - Blue Hawaiian
               Shany Cosmetics - #10
               Shany Cosmetics - #11
Tools: Small Striping Brush
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri


The Shany Cosmetics polishes are from a kit I received for Christmas. I think it's the Famous Colors set. The brushes that come with the Shany nail polishes are thin striper brushes, but they weren't quite precise enough to make the small zig-zags I wanted, so I used a small striping brush.

I used three coats of the blue Covergirl polish. It's very thin, but it also dries very quickly, so doing three coats wasn't too much trouble. Then, I alternated between black and silver, making zig-zags up my nail. I rinsed the brush in pure acetone between the colors instead of switching brushes. The lines definitely aren't as perfect as ones made with striping tape, but I am pretty impressed with my free-hand skills. I don't do too much free-handing, but maybe I will have to branch out a bit.

Here are a couple more pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment