Sunday, March 22, 2015

Blue Swirls


When I started this manicure, I was picturing something vastly different. I was trying to go for more of an opaque blue jelly with a stamp in the middle. But, it was really late last night when I finally got around to doing my nails, so I ended up doing fewer coats, and my laziness really worked out this time! I think the design ended up looking kind of like blue porcelain. I have included a picture tutorial for how I achieved this look.

Here is what I used for the manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
               L'Oreal - Miss Pixie
               Whet - Facetious
               Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Ice Tint
Tools: Konad Stamping Kit
           Pueen Stamping Plate #46 From Set 24E



To demonstrate the process, I made a quick picture tutorial which I will caption with specific directions:

1. After applying base coat and allowing to dry, start with a thin coat of white polish. Don't worry about making it opaque - laziness works in this case! Allow it to dry completely.
2. Add a thin coat of a blue jelly polish. Again, this should not be opaque and might even look a little streaky. Allow it to dry completely.
3. Stamp a design in a darker blue color.
4. Apply a coat of blue tinted polish to make the stamp stand out less. You could probably also use the same blue jelly polish as the base but that might mute it more.

That's it! I didn't even apply a top coat and they still look great today! It did come out lighter on my nails probably due to the natural nail color showing through the bottom layer instead of having a white stick underneath. Here are a couple more pictures of the design on my nails.



2 comments: