Friday, March 13, 2015

Rainbow Interlocking Dots


For my latest mani, I wanted to do something bright and colorful to celebrate the wonderful spring weather we have been blessed with the last few days. I decided to use the interlocking dots method and make a rainbow across my nails. I am really happy with how it turned out!


Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Ruffian Nail Lacquer - Ruffian Red
               Sinful Colors - Big Daddy
               Julep - Lexie
               Sinful Colors - Exotic Green
               Maybelline Color Show - Blue Bombshell
               Sinful Colors - Amethyst
Tools: Small, Medium, and Large Dotting Tools
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

For each nail, I divided my nail diagonally and painted 1-2 coats each of the top and bottom colors. I used the large dotting tool to make the interlocking dots, the medium dotting tool to make the next row of dots, and the small dotting tool to make the final row of dots. I tried to make it kind of like a gradient of one color fading into the next.

I think my favorite color combination is the yellow and green. It contrasts so nicely and the colors make me think of spring. I am also impressed that this manicure has held up to two rock climbing sessions with only the faintest hint of wear at the tips. I think the Sally Hansen top coat has finally won me over.

Here is a collage of each of my nails close up and another shot of the whole hand:


2 comments:

  1. These are really cute. I would change the thumb colours up. They seem too close to each other. Big fan of the green and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree about the thumb colors, they just aren't as high contrast as the other combinations. I appreciate the input! =]

      Delete