Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Spring 2015



This review is for the Spring 2015 Beauty Box from Walmart. It is a quarterly box that you receive once every season and it costs $5 per box. This is the third box, both for me and for Walmart, and so far I am fairly satisfied. It's a mix of make up, skin care, hair care, and miscellaneous samples. There are usually 5-6 "deluxe" sized samples and a 2-3 foil packets with some coupons. Here is the site to get more info and sign up.


Value: $0.24 (Amazon pricing)
Rating: 4/5
Notes: The weird thing about this perfume is that it is black, but quickly turns colorless when it's sprayed. The scent is nice, it smells very floral to me and it's not too heavy.


Value: $8.99 (Ulta)
Rating: 5/5
Notes: I love trying out mascara, and it's great that this is a full size. I have heard good things about Rimmel mascara, so I look forward to trying this out when I get through my current sample. I wonder if it really will help grow my lashes longer.


Value: $0.42
Rating: 1/5
Notes: I do like my current Neutrogena cleanser, and I think in general they make nice products, but this is not one for me. The second ingredient is sodium laureth sulfate, which I know will just completely dry out my face. I will just leave this in the bathroom for my boyfriend to use.


Value: $0.45 (Walmart)
Rating: 5/5
Notes: This is being advertised as a new product, and I am pretty excited to try it out. It smells really delicious: mostly citrus-y but with a little bit of floral in there. I'm not too picky with body wash, so I think it will get used up pretty quickly.


Value: $0.88 + $0.88 (Walmart)
Rating: 1/5
Notes: These might be good for someone who is less picky about hair products, but they aren't going to work for me. However, I am still using up my hair product samples from my last Walmart box and I will probably re-purchase, so they can't win them all!


Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion - looks really nice, I'm excited to try!
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in Ivory - they actually sent the third palest color, so I might actually be able to test it out, though it's designed for normal to oily skin so I'm not too hopeful
Garnier Ultra-Life Miracle Sleeping Cream - looks pretty nice except for that alcohol denat. (why??), but I probably won't give it a try because it's such a tiny sample

So, the total value of this box was $11.86, with most of the value coming from the full-sized mascara. I can see that if you didn't like mascara, this box would be very disappointing. I am pretty satisfied though, and I think it's a nice way to be introduced to drug store products that you might not run across normally. Plus, if you like something, there are a bunch of coupons to get it discounted. I will be continuing my subscription for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment