Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Princess Nails



I went with a really girly manicure this time because I wanted to feel like a pretty pretty princess. I don't use pink all that often and I think that should change because I can't stop looking at how pretty and sparkly my nails are!


Here is what I used to do this manicure:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor Base Coat
Polishes: China Glaze - Sheer Bliss
               Zoya - Happi
               Sally Girl - So Disco
Top Coat: Zoya Armour Top Coat


How can I not be happy with this manicure with polish names like "sheer bliss" and "happi"? Plus, glitter makes everything awesome.

Anyway, I have never been all that good at gradients, so I tried something new this time. After my base coat, I painted roughly half of my nail with the China Glaze polish and half of my nail with the Zoya polish, allowing them to overlap in the middle. Then, once it was completely dry, I used a makeup sponge with just the white polish to blur the border, bringing it up a little into the top half of my nail. After that, I used a makeup sponge with just the pink polish to strengthen the color at the tip and then blur the border even more, bringing it down into the bottom half of the nail. I topped it off with the Sally Girl glitter, which is very dense, and a coat of top coat.

I think this has been my most successful gradient yet, so I will adopt this technique from now on. I didn't have the issues I usually have with slow drying, too many layers, and lifting the polish off my nails. Plus, the transition looks really smooth. I especially like the slight gold sheen from the pink Zoya polish showing through at certain angles, which I hope I was able to capture on my camera.

I took a lot of pictures, so here they are:





No comments:

Post a Comment