Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Matte Purple and Gold Saran Wrap Manicure

 

I've gotten a little backlogged with posts, so this manicure was actually one I did on Saturday while watching the basketball game (Go Duke!). I haven't revisited the saran wrap technique since the 31 day nail art challenge back in September. It's super simple and has a great marbled effect at the end.

Here is my list of supplies for this manicure:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: Wet 'n' Wild - Disturbia
               China Glaze - Goldie But Goodie
Tools: Saran Wrap
Top Coat: Zoya Armor
                 NYC Matte Me Crazy

So, I started out with two coats of the deep purple Wet 'n' Wild polish. You can't tell from this mani but it has a nice sheen to it. I tried to use slightly different techniques on my left and right hands. On the left, I dipped the saran wrap in a glob of the gold polish and just smooshed it on each nail. On the right, I spread the gold polish very thinly before pressing the saran wrap into it so that less of the gold transferred to the nail. I'm not sure if you can tell the difference in my pictures, but I ended up liking the right better.

I topped the polish with the Zoya Armor top coat and then added the matte coat the next day. I like how the matte really makes the gold pop against the dark background. I think this technique would be really good for galaxy nails. Here are a few more pictures:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment