Saturday, April 11, 2015

Birchbox April 2015


This review is for the Birchbox from April 2015. Birchbox is a very popular subscription box. It is $10/month for 4-5 beauty and lifestyle samples, which are personalized based on a quiz you take. It also has a great rewards points system. It is the only monthly subscription box that I still have, because I have found it to be especially worth it for the samples and the additional full-sized products I can get with my reward points.
Each month, there is an option to choose one of your samples or choose a curated box. This month, there were two curated boxes with a Mad Men theme, and I chose the New York one. So, instead of being surprised, I knew everything I was going to get, which is maybe a little less exciting, but I couldn't pass up some of these samples.


Here is the card showing what is in the box and I will discuss the samples in this order.

    

Value: $6.68
Rating: 5/5
Notes: This product is the main reason I picked the curated box. I don't really have any dedicated eyebrow products, and my brows definitely fall in the "unruly" category. I tried it out on Friday on it's own and I do feel like it kept my brows looking nice without being heavy or crusty.


Value: ~$1.75
Rating: 2/5
Notes: This is a repeat product for me (March 2015), but I was willing to take the hit in favor of the other products. I have not used it yet, and I don't know if I will, but even if I end up giving it away at least I have a couple of them!

  

Value: $7.54
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This color is described as a "soft tangerine" and it has some sparkle to it. I think it will go really well with my skin tone, and I am looking forward to trying it out. I can't say I care much about the water resistant properties, but if that makes it longer-wearing, then that's great.


Value: $8
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This product has pretty good reviews and I definitely could use some soothing on my eyes with allergy season starting up. There are some ingredients that could be irritating like fragrance, cetearyl alcohol, and plant oils, so patch testing will be necessary before I put it on my eyes. The sample is a good size and seems like it will last awhile.


Value: $3
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This is also a repeat sample (July 2014 - Acai Grapefruit), but I liked it enough to purchase a full size in the Coconut scent. I don't like the Blueberry scent as much as the Coconut, but I really like using this shave cream on my more sensitive regions. It's moisturizing and non-irritating. A welcome repeat!


The total value of this box was around $27 for four products I will definitely use. I am able to review all of the products for reward points even though I have had two of them previously, which just enhances the great value. I think this is one of my best Birchbox months so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment