Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easter Water Marble





Since the Easter season is upon us, I wanted to get into the spirit with my nails. I picked out the colors that I thought best represented the holiday (the colored eggs, fluffy chicks, and easter bunnies parts) and put them all together in a water marble.



Here is what I used to make this manicure:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: OPI - Do You Lilac It
               Pixi - Sizzling Sunshine
               OPI - Gargantuan Green Grape
               Zoya - Dot
Tools: Room Temperature Water
           Vaseline
           Toothpick
Top Coat: Zoya Armor


I have made posts about water marbles before and it's a very common technique, so I won't get too into detail. I will just say that I started with two coats of the light blue OPI because last time I used it for a water marble it came out pretty much clear and I wanted the blue to show up this time. Then, I marbled with all four polishes. I didn't really put much effort into controlling the designs, I just dragged it around and took what looked pretty. Here is another view of each hand:


And here is the thumb of my left hand, which I think turned out the best, and it was the first one I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment