Monday, April 13, 2015

Pastel Geometric Nails


The weather has been so beautiful lately that I am still feeling the spring-time colors! My last geometric pattern was one of my favorite designs and I wanted to replicate it with a different color palette. It's a little more muted than what I usually go for, but at least it doesn't clash with any of my outfits. I've included a picture tutorial for how I achieved this design.

Here is what I used to make this nail art:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: The Color Workshop - Unknown Color
                Zoya - Rayne
                Pixi - Lime Lustre
                Spellbound - Aura
                Orly - Live Wire
Tools: Striping Tape
Top Coat: Zoya Armor


I made a quick picture tutorial to explain how to re-create this manicure with any colors!


1. Start with two coats of the base color, which will be showing in between the geometric shapes. I used an unnamed pearl color by The Color Workshop
2. Place striping tape to divide the nail into sections however you like. I used two pieces of striping tape to divide into three sections.
3. Apply a generous layer of your desired colored polish in each section.
4. Remove the striping tape immediately. Allow the polish to dry completely and top with your favorite top coat.

Here are a couple more pictures of the design on my nails.



No comments:

Post a Comment