Saturday, April 11, 2015

Zoya Vespa Swatch



I didn't have time to do any intricate nail art during this week, so I decided to swatch one of my newer Zoya polishes. This is Vespa, described as "a mint kiss with a sugared sparkle" on the Zoya website. It's one of their special textured PixieDust polishes, which are being discontinued.

This is two coats of Vespa over Orly Bonder and topped with NYC Matte Me Crazy. I took this picture after three days of wear and it still looks perfect. I prefer the matte finish with the PixieDust texture, but using a different top coat would enhance the wear even more. The color came out leaning a little more yellow than mint on my nails, which would probably change with using a solid colored base polish underneath. I think this is a nice understated color that is good for everyday wear without sacrificing excitement.

Here is another picture of the polish on my nails:


And here is my attempt to capture the sparkly-ness of this polish with an out-of-focus shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment