Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter Nails!


Happy Easter, for those of you who celebrate the holiday! I'm not doing anything special today since my family is even farther away than usual and my boyfriend is up in Indianapolis for the NCAA basketball championships (Go Duke!). So, I decided to go ahead and do an Easter nail design! Though maybe later I will get to the Peeps Hutch Kit that my parents sent to me. =]



I used a lot of polish and supplies for this manicure, and here they are:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: Julep - Lexie
               Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
               Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
               Probelle - Into the Blue
               Zoya - Neely
               Shany Nail Art - #23
               OPI - Do You Lilac It?
               Revlon Sun Candy - Pink Dawn (#1)
Tools: Small Striping Brush
           Medium Nail Art Brush
           Medium Dotting Tool
           Small Detail Brush
           Small Dotting Tool
           Extra Small Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Zoya Armor


For the Easter egg nails (thumb, index, & pinkie), I started with two coats of the pink Revlon polish. I used the small striping brush to draw the zig-zags with the green Zoya and blue Probelle polishes. Finally, I used the medium dotting tool to make the polka dots in the white Sinful Colors, yellow Julep, and purple OPI polishes.

For the rabbit nail (middle finger), I applied three coats of the blue Probelle polish because it's a pretty thin polish. I used the medium nail art brush to draw the rabbit head and ears with the white Sinful Colors polish.The inside of the ears was done with the small detail brush using the pink Revlon Polish. I used the black Sally Hansen polish to do the eyes with a small dotting tool and the nose with the small detail brush.

Finally, for the chick in the egg (third finger), I started with two coats of the yellow Julep polish. Then, I used the small striping brush to draw the edges of the egg shell, and the small detail brush to fill them in with the white Sinful Colors polish. I used a small dotting tool in the black Sally Hansen polish for the eyes and an extra small dotting tool (seriously this thing is tiny) in the orange Shany polish for the beak.

These are by no means very original Easter nails, but I had fun doing the designs. I did my right hand too, but the animals came out quite silly looking, so I don't have a picture of them. The bunny looks more like some sort of husky dog. Here are a couple more picture of the Easter nails:



No comments:

Post a Comment