Friday, February 13, 2015

Water Marble - 3rd Time's the Charm


I've been really busy working lately, so when I started feeling a little sick on Monday, I decided to take a good long break and try out the water marble technique again. It turns out that I had caught the flu, so I was going to be taking quite a few more breaks this week! Anyway, I am glad I got to try out the water marble technique again, because it worked out spectacularly this time!

Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
               OPI - Black Cherry Chutney
               Zoya - Severine
               Zoya - Willa
Tools: Vaseline
           Filtered Water
           Glass Cup
           Toothpick
           Old Wooden Pencil
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri


I started out with a thin coat of the white Sinful Colors polish. I then followed the same water marble steps as I outlined in a previous post. This time, I tried to get a similar design on each nail - kind of a flowery pattern. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

I'm also trying a new set-up for taking pictures that I hope will help out with lighting and color since I have to take picture mostly in the evening. It looks a little bit shoddy, but it seems to be helping with the light issue. I am hoping to get some full spectrum light bulbs soon to work on keeping the pictures true to color. Here is what it looks like right now:


And here are a few more pictures of my nails!




I really like how the black softens the edges of the gold and transitions into the purple. I also like how the design on every nail is a similar pattern but each is unique. It's hard for me to even pick my favorite, but I'm going to have to go with my left hand index finger. I can't wait to try this again with some spring colors once it warms up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment