Saturday, November 22, 2014

Zoya Haul and Swatches






I recently took advantage of a "Buy One, Get One + Free Shipping" promotion from Zoya to order some new nail polishes! The sale was for polishes from their Fall 2014 "Entice & Ignite" and "Naturel Deux" Collections. I picked up 4 polishes for $18 - Chantal, Autumn, Remy, and Yuna. I swatched each of these polishes on my nails in the same way: 1 coat of Orly Bonder as a base, two coats of the Zoya polish, and topped with a generous coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Topcoat. I tried my best to get all of the pictures in natural light. Please read on to view the details.

Zoya - Chantal

This polish is described on the website as "a delicious full-coverage, French-Vanilla cream". Looking at the Naturel Deux collection, this looked like the perfect nude polish for my skin tone - fair with yellow undertones. I really liked how this looked on my nails, and I look forward to using it both on its own and as a base for subtle designs.

 

 

Zoya - Autumn

The Autumn nail polish is described as "a varnished copper liquid metal" on the website, but in my opinion it is a little more orange than copper and also has some yellow glint in the sun. It is a perfect color to represent the autumn foliage!

 

 

Zoya - Remy

I think this was my favorite of the bunch! The Zoya website describes Remy as "a brilliant indigo with a strong flash of green and gold liquid metallic glitter". I would say that is a very apt description! I love how the shade alters depending on the light source - natural lighting really brings out the indigo while indoor (yellowy) lighting shows off the green flash. I took pictures in both types of lighting to show the difference.

 

 

 

Zoya - Yuna

This is a very interesting color, described as "a full-coverage warm grey with copper and gold liquid metal". I do really like the complexity of the color. Unfortunately, I had a tiny strand of fluff that got featured in my swatches that I didn't notice until looking at the photos now! Hopefully it doesn't detract too much from the effect.

 

 

I am 100% satisfied with my Zoya haul. I even wish that I had bought more of the polishes during the sale! Zoya polishes always go on so perfectly with two thin coats, they dry quickly, and are formulated without some of the nastier nail polish ingredients, such as formaldehyde. Plus, there are such amazing colors and finishes to choose from. I highly recommend Zoya polish for even amateur lacqueristas. Just keep an eye out for the awesome sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment