Monday, December 1, 2014

Fall Star-burst Nails




It's been such a long time since I've been able to do my nails! My family came to visit for Thanksgiving, which required a lot of prep, but was a really great time! Once I got back into my routine, I was inspired by a Pinterest post and a new nail polish that I picked up from (where else?) TJ Maxx to make a star-burst type pattern using fall colors.
The supplies for this mani are:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: O.P.I. - Frog in My Throat
               Jordana - Bahama Bronze
Tools: Striping Brush
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

The O.P.I. nail polish is a black base with lots of glitter. The larger pieces of glitter are a copper/orange color, and the smaller pieces are silver and pick up different colors in the light. I started this mani with two coats of it. I have had the Jordana polish for a very long time - since high school I think! I used the striping brush to paint a burst of copper stripes on each nail. Easy enough! Here are other views of the whole hand:



And here is a close-up of the thumb where you can really see the glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment