Saturday, December 20, 2014

White and Gold Ruffian Nails


I've been pretty busy finishing up this semester and packing up to head home, but I found a little bit of time to do a quick mani last night. I went with something really simple and with a color scheme I wouldn't normally think of, except I just bought these polishes! I needed a new white since my old ones (NYC - French White Tip & Wet n Wild - French Lace Cream) are getting kind of goopey, and I needed a new gold because my old one (Maybelline Color Show - Bold Gold) is actually running out!
Here is what I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Go for Gold
               Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

I did one coat of the gold foil Sally Hansen, which is really nice! It's a little more glittery and less yellow than the Color Show gold polish, but I actually think I like it better. One coat was actually pretty sufficient to be opaque, but if I wasn't putting anything over it, I would probably do two coats.

I then did two coats of the Sinful Colors white polish. I've seen this recommended multiple times as a great white polish, but it didn't really blow me away. It went on pretty streaky with the first coat, and the second coat made it look really thick. Maybe I can find a better application strategy. In the end though, it is a nice clean white polish that takes two coats to be opaque.

Here are a couple more pictures from different angles.



No comments:

Post a Comment