Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Nails 2014 Nails #2 - Christmas Stripes


For my second holiday manicure this year, I wanted to go with something simple but festive. I also had to work with only the polishes I brought home with me! I think it turned out really well and I got to take a few sun-lit pictures by the Christmas tree!
Here is what I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Rekha
               Pixi - Red Shimmer
               Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
               Zoya - Envy
               Orly - Unknown Green
               H&M - Silver
               Sally Girl - Unknown Glitter
Tools: Thin Striping Brush
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri

I put down two coats of the white Sinful Colors polish on each nail as a base for the colors. Using a thin striping brush, I make horizontal stripes in no particular color order on my thumb and pinky fingers. On the other fingers, I did two coats of the colored polish. I topped the index and middle fingers with a glitter that I got in a little gift bag at my local Sally Beauty Supply. I finished the mani with the Sally Hansen Instra Dri top coat, which unfortunately did cause some shrinking at the tips. I should have wrapped the tips better!

I have a couple more pictures of the manicure as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment