Saturday, December 6, 2014

Matte Purple Skittle Nails




I couldn't decide on a nail art design last night, so I chose to just pick a color and do "skittles" nails where each nail has a different pattern. I chose 3 shades of purple creme polish, a purple glitter, and a silver to complement all the purple. I liked doing this because I got to practice a few of my basic nail art techniques!

Here is what I used for this mani:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: O.P.I. - Can't Let Go (Liquid Sand)
               O.P.I. - Do You Lilac It?
               Sinful Colors - Amethyst
               Revlon - Moon Candy
               Orly - Light
Tools: Triangle Makeup Sponge
           Large Dotting Tool
           Small Dotting Tool
           Striping Tape
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dri
                 NYC Matte Me Crazy

For my thumb and pinkie finger, I just did two coats of the O.P.I. Liquid Sand. This is my first of the Liquid Sand polishes, and I really like the final finish and texture.

For my index finger, I started with a single coat of the O.P.I. lilac color, then did a gradient using the makeup sponge with the lilac, Sinful Colors medium purple, and Revlon deep purple. It took about 6 repeats with the sponge (drying in between) to get a smooth transition between the colors. Patience was key!

On my middle finger, I did two coats of the O.P.I. lilac, then used large and small dotting tools to apply the other two purple colors and the Orly silver color in a sort of gradient.

On my ring finger, I did two coats of the Sinful Colors polish. Then, I used striping tape with the Orly polish applied over the top to get the stripes.

I topped everything off with the Sally Hansen top coat, allowed it to dry, and applied the NYC matte top coat. I really like the matte finish with this mani, especially on the index finger gradient. I've added a few more photos of the complete mani.




No comments:

Post a Comment