Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Girly Pink Scented Nails


I have been wanting to try out the Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Polish line for awhile now, and I got that chance when I found a couple bottles in the Target Clearance box. I got African Tea Rose, which is a very bright pink color, and Bordeaux, which is a dark red wine color. I was looking for something really simple to do on my nails, so I decided to swatch the African Tea Rose color and add a little glitter for fun.

Supplies:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polishes: Revlon Parfumerie - African Tea Rose
               China Glaze - Don't Be A Flake
Top Coat: Seche Vite

I used two coats of the pink Revlon polish, and they went on very smoothly. I am impressed with the quality in comparison to the fast dry Revlon polish I have tried before. The scent was a little overpowering, but it was much more agreeable after adding top coat. The African Tea Rose polish does smell convincingly like roses, and I caught a whiff of it when my hand was near my face for about 24 hours. Next time, I will try without a top coat to see how that affects the scent and wear.

On my thumb and ring finger, I added some of the China Glaze glitter. This was actually really annoying to work with because the base polish is really thin and it was nearly impossible to get glitter to stay on the brush without taking a whole glob really quickly. I will have to think about a better way to use this polish because I do really like the colors of the glitter, and I do not have many chunky glitters.

I would definitely recommend the Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish line since it is pretty cheap even when not on sale ($5.39), it's good quality nail polish, and the scent is a nice effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment